Bioidentical Hormone Therapy is the process of restoring and maintaining hormone balance with hormones that are biologically identical to those produced by the human body.
Bioidentical hormones have been available and used in hormone treatments for decades. They can be custom compounded to match each patient’s unique needs and body chemistry, instead of the “one size fits all” approach used with mass-manufactured hormones.
Hormone therapy requires appropriate testing, examination and discussion of symptoms with a healthcare practitioner. We help patients with bioidentical hormone therapies for hormone imbalances such as:
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Postpartum Depression
- Menopause and Perimenopause
- Testosterone Deficiency
- Chronic Fatigue
- Andropause (Male Menopause)
For women in menopause considering working with Dr. Jensen, please begin by reading the information seen in Your First Visit. Beyond these logistics, it is also required that you:
- Have or are willing to establish a professional relationship with a licensed medical practitioner specializing in female medicine (eg: Gynecologist, Nurse Practitioner, Internist or Family Practitioner) so that routine female examinations can be kept current.
- Have an annual breast thermogram &/or mammogram.
- Have a Bone Density test every 1-3 years, as well as appropriate blood and 24 hour urine hormone testing at the appropriate times or intervals. These tests can be arranged by our office.
- Have an annual consultation with Dr. Jensen to evaluate and update your hormonal treatment program
If your overall health is reasonable you can expect to begin a bio-identical hormone program within days of your first visit. Getting this program as safe and elegant as possible is a process and requires a certain amount of follow-up appointments with Dr. Jensen (a few or several) until you arrive at an optimal program. These follow-up appointments are usually shorter in duration than the initial appointment. If other health issues are influencing your current situation (for example depleted neurotransmitters, liver issues, intestinal issues, and/or excessive stress) addressing these will be factored into your program and will call for more time and participation. Please feel free to discuss with Dr. Jensen on the telephone any questions you may have about his approach prior to an initial visit. To schedule this pre-consultation, call our office at 602-888-1201.