Desert Naturopathic Health offers a simple test called Micronutrient Testing to assess exactly what vitamins, minerals and antioxidants your body might be crying out for. This test will look at how your vitamin levels have been over a 6month period, allowing us to see deeper into your profile than standard testing. Many people work at improving their health, but many still have deficiencies. This can be due to a number of different factors:
- Biochemical individuality – We’re all different, so what I may need could be different than what you do.
- Absorption – You may have a great diet, but if you can’t absorb the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants or other micronutrients you need, you will have deficiencies.
- Chronic Illness – Health conditions such as arthritis, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and fatigues, to name a few, can drastically affect what you can absorb.
- Medications – Did you know that an antacid can deprive your body of Zinc? Zinc helps us ward off the cold and flu virus! Taking a cholesterol drug can deplete your stores of Co-Q10, which is a nutrient used in every muscle in your body, especially your heart. Many diffrent medications, both over the counter and prescription can keep our body from getting what it needs.
- Age – What your body needs at age 30 is different than what it needs at age 45, 55 and beyond. Absorption difficulties typically increase with age.
We can find out exactly what nutrients your body needs with a blood test, and then tell you where to focus your supplement regimen. Why take something that you don’t need? We’ll help you find the right supplements and the right dose that your body needs.
Here is a sample of some of the nutrients the Micronutrient Testing looks for:Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin K
- Coenzyme Q10
- Vitamin E
- Fatty Acids
- And more antioxidants, amino acids and minerals.
This test is covered by most insurance, and Desert Naturopathic Health is teaming up with Spectracell Laboratories during the months of October and November to cover all other charges except for an $88 co-insurance.
We will assess your needs and find the right vitamin formula, or custom formulate a simple multivitamin specifically for you.
Call our office to schedule your appointment and get the nutrients you need!